ï»¿FCIAC Indoor Track and Field Championships
ï»¿Thursday, February 5, 2015 - 4:30 PM
Floyd Little Athletic Center, New Haven, CT.
FCIAC coaches must enter their teams for the FCIAC Indoor Track and Field Championships. The meet is open to all high school athletes competing for their FCIAC-member high school team from the following schools:
All coaches must be aware of the following important information regarding the meet:
- FCIAC and CIAC rules govern all events.
- Starting heights (may be adjusted by the games committee pending entry seeds):
- Pole Vault: Boys: 9'0" / Girls: 7'6". Five-alive protocol.
- High Jump: Boys: 5'4" / Girls: 4'6". Five-alive protocol.
- Implement Check:
- All implements must be checked in by an inspector prior to use in the meet. Violators will be disqualified for using implements that have not passed meet inspection.
- Athletes may use pyramid spikes no longer than 1/8th of an inch (no needle spikes allowed).
Athletes may compete in any three (3) events. No boy/girl may be entered in more than three (3) events, including relays. Entry as an alternate counts as one of the athlete's three (3) events.
Only one (1) relay per event, per school.
- Only athletes who have been previously entered on the CIAC website with a qualifying mark can be entered in an individual event. Be sure all of your qualifiers have been entered on the website.
- Athletes who have not qualified in an individual event can be entered in a relay.
- Entries are made on the CIAC website. Entries are currently open.
- Click on the appropriate View/Submit button.
- Be sure to scroll to the bottom and Submit/Edit the FCIAC CHAMPIONSHIP ROSTER/SEEDING SHEET form.
- UPDATE: Entries close at 9:00 PM Tuesday, February 3, 2015.
- There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
Conversion Factors for Entry Purposes:
All track event entries must be converted to CIAC standard events prior to entry. Do not convert a hand time to FAT. The conversion will be done automatically by the CIAC Qualifier system.
- 1500m times have been converted to 1600m times by the CIAC Qualifier system. A factor of 1.0737 is applied.
- 3000m times have been converted to 3200m times by the CIAC Qualifier system. A factor of 1.0737 is applied.
- 45m and 50m times must be converted manually to 55m times prior to entering in the CIAC Qualifier system. The approved conversions are:
- 45m dash to 55m dash: add 1.0 seconds.
- 50m dash to 55m dash: add 0.5 seconds.
- 45m hurdles to 55m hurdles: add 1.5 seconds.
- 50m hurdles to 55m hurdles: add 0.8 seconds.
- 45m dash to 55m dash: add 1.6 seconds.
- 50m dash to 55m dash: add 0.6 seconds.
- 45m hurdles to 55m hurdles: add 1.7 seconds.
- 50m hurdles to 55m hurdles: add 0.9 seconds.
- The 4x800m relay and Sprint Medley relay may be derived by adding four individual times and converted, if necessary.
- Approved relay conversions from other facilities are:
- 4x240m (Staples) to 4x200m: subtract 24 seconds.
- 4x225m (Wilton) to 4x200m: subtract 16 seconds.
- 3-1-1-5 (Staples) to SMR: subtract 10 seconds.
- 3-1-1-5 (Wilton) to SMR: add 6 seconds.
- 4x375m (Wilton) to 4x400m: add 15 seconds.
- 4x750m (Wilton) to 4x800m: add 34 seconds.
- 4x240m (Staples) to 4x200m: subtract 28 seconds.
- 4x225m (Wilton) to 4x200m: subtract 19 seconds.
- 3-1-1-5 (Staples) to SMR: subtract 12 seconds.
- 3-1-1-5 (Wilton) to SMR: add 6 seconds.
- 4x375m (Wilton) to 4x400m: add 17 seconds.
- 4x750m (Wilton) to 4x800m: add 40 seconds.
- The top 6 finishers in each event receive medals.
- Trophies are awarded to the top two teams.
- The top two finishers in event, including relays, are All-FCIAC First Team. Photo to be taken immediately after last event.
An Athletic Trainer is on site during meet.
Meet Director: Chris McDougal, Wilton
- General admission will be $7.00 per person.
- Meet T- shirts will be sold.
Timing and results provided by Paynes Corner Timing.
Track Events (4:30 Start):
Order is boys then girls, unless noted otherwise.
55m Hurdles - Trials
55m Dash - Trials
55m Hurdles - Finals - (girls then boys)
55m Dash - Finals - (girls then boys)
1600m Sprint Medley Relay (1-1-2-4 laps) - 3 turn stagger
Field Events (4:30 Start):
All field events will be started concurrently with running events.
High Jump (girls then boys), five-alive protocol
Long Jump (boys then girls)
Shot Put (girls then boys)
Pole Vault (girls then boys), five-alive protocol